TRADING OF GOLD AND PRECIOUS METALS - COMPN
In May 2014, following the significant discovery of gold in the Djado, the Government of Niger decided to entrust the SOPAMIN Niger Mining Heritage Society with leadership in the development of this resource . This decision is consistent with the missions of SOPAMIN SA. It will regularize small-scale gold mining in the country. It has been established that large but poorly known quantities of ounces of gold produced by small miners are smuggled out of the country each year. This initiative was taken to enable SOPAMIN SA through the COMPN to be the sole exporter of artisanal gold in Niger and to enable the State of Niger to ensure efficiently the control of gold in all The chain from production to marketing and to combat fraud
The activities assigned to the COMPN:
* Titration, valuation and processing of precious metals.
* Purchase and sale of gold and precious metals.
* Conduct a profitable business for SOPAMIN SA
* Promote in the medium term the development of precious metals and the jewelery industry in Niger.
Objectives of the COMPN
* Reach market leadership in buying gold from small mining companies, marketing gold and precious metals,
Create added value by manufacturing and selling jewelry in Niger and offer services for the export of gold.